Monday, August 25, 2008

Exploration 14: Gliffy

Today I learned about Gliffy. I was able to create a diagram - a floor plan of my room at Beverly, but had trouble finding directions on how to manipulate the items I put on the floor, i.e. how to rotate things. It was still pretty fun and I think if I were able to read up on how to use it more efficiently and/or had someone teach me how to do it better, I think it would be useful for making up flowcharts or diagrams of important content from nonfiction books I use with my kids. These would make excellent study guides.

I also tried to put my floor plan on my blog, but wasn't able to figure that out either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for checking out Gliffy! It might not be totally obvious, but when you click on a shape, there is a circle with an arrowhead on it on that appears slightly above the shape. If you click on it, you can drag the object around and rotate it. You can also click on the object and enter a rotation angle in the properties pane on the right side of the screen.

As for publishing your diagrams, just click the "Share..." menu item (next to "Edit" and "File") in the upper left. Click "Publish Info" after that, and it will let you make your diagram public so others can see it. We definitely want people to share their diagrams!

Kristin said...

What a good idea to draw out a floor plan with Gliffy. I would never have thought of that -- just goes to show how fun it is to learn from each other during this projet.